Friday, May 29, 2009

Life of Mediocrity

Felt guilty for my deserted blog.
For those of you who are wondering what has happened to Vincent.
Here's what I have done over the period of a month:
3 to 8th - Went back to Nilai to settle my University Application
10 to 11th - Went to Gambang, Pahang to send my sister to Matriculation College.
15 to 17th - Went to Malacca for Tchoukball Coach Training.
18 to present - Attached to UNISEM for industrial training.

In the month of May, I have travelled more than 1500 kilometres.
On contrary, have I travelled further on my spiritual journey? Some people say that Christian life is more on the journey travelled than the arrival. Some may not agree to this point. Anyway, I realized that I have been moving far from the track that I am supposed to walk on.

God, I know you have called me to a victorious life
and not mediocrity.
I have been an unfaithful child, walking further from your every day.
Lord, I want to go nearer to you.
So near that I can feel Your heartbeat
and hear Your whisper in my ear.
Lord, help me not to fix my eyes on things that are tangible
but help me to fix my eyes on You, Creator of the earth.
Deliver me from the confusion that the Devil has put in me
and the world of human.
I am really tired of being driven around in human's wisdom.
For indeed Your foolishness is way much wiser than human's counsel.
Lord, I need you.
Amen.