Monday, March 31, 2008

Sailing in His Love

I cannot say that I have triumph over this challenge that You gave me
At least I have managed to pull through it
With You that gave me strength
Word that gave me answers to life
Prayer that gave me peace
Friends that cheer me on
Mum that called in time
Tears that rolled on my cheek
And the so many things that made my voyage in storm worth its sailing
I guess right now I am still sailing in the sea
Not far from my next stop

Oh Lord, how little do I know of the word love,
Easy to spell yet hard to fathom its truest meaning
Simple to say yet hard to show
The word love that I say often times comes with
Selfishness, jealousy, envy….
All I want out of love is just for me myself.
Father, you created the word ‘love’
And you gave life to the word ‘love’
It’s because of love that you created us
It’s because of love that you let us make choices
It’s because of love that you call us back even when we made wrong choices
It’s because of love that you still want us despite of all our iniquities
It’s because of love that
You would sent Jesus to die for people who rejects you
It’s because of love that we still can call You Abba Father after all we’ve done

Merciful God,
Now that I have only a bit of the bitterness of sacrificing for love
Now that I have decided to let go this feeling that I never thought I would be trapped in
Let Your love overcome
Overcome my feeble love for this friend,
Let all that in me be given unto You
I really want to love You

I am broken, yes, truly broken
Lord, now that I am shattered
Shape and mould me O Lord
That I may become your instrument
Instrument that plays only Your music
Music that echoes Your love
And may this instrument of yours
Finds one that will fill its loneliness
Discovers one that will play with it the perfect rhythms of love
That glorifies You, O Lord, the Greatest Lover Ever.

You know all my hopes,
Lord, You know all our fears,
And words cannot express the love I feel,

But I long for You to hear.

No comments: